What are AMP's Charging Solutions?
AMP's hardware and software supports all 3 global charging standard. CCS, GB/T and CHAdeMO controllers are available for both on and off-vehicle. AMP's base hardware supports the following features:
- Fully supports ISO-15118 and DIN communications over PLC
- Fully supports GB/T communications over CAN
- Fully supports CHAdeMO communications over CAN
- Fully supports SAE J1772
- Controls fast charge contactors with built-in weld diagnostics
- Supports charge port latch drive and LED charge status
The Benefits of AMP's Charging Solution
- Low cost
- Flexible licensing with no copy-left software (i.e. openV2G™)
- Functional safety rated capable
- Software runs on any OS, including Non-Linux
The Benefits of ampV2G (Vehicle to Grid)
ampV2G is a proprietary CODEC used to translate ISO15118 and DIN70121 messages into C message structures optimized for non-linux embedded solutions. AMP has developed a CODEC that is substantially more efficient than the OpenV2G™ CODEC.
ROM Study Comparing openV2G and ampV2G:
|clang x86 -O0||231||64||72|
|clang x86 -O3||149||77||49|
Compiled byte size for all relevant files related to the DIN70121 codec. Values shown in KI. Binaries measured using bloaty.
AMP's CCS Software Package
- Supports both ISO 15118 and DIN 70121
- Supports AC and DC fast charging
- Supports External Identification Means (EIM) and 'Plug 'n Charge' (PnC)
- Written in MISRA compliant ANSI C
- Optimized to run in small real time microcontrollers. (i.e. no Linux)
- Custom EXI Messaging CODEC generation from XML schema
- Full Software Stack includes Charge State Machine, EXI Messaging CODEC, and GreenPHY drivers.
- Support for a wide variety of OS, TCP/IP, and Crypto Library combinations
- Security with TLS, Certificates, and Signatures
- C99 compiler or newer
- ~ 100KB ROM space
- ~ 20KB RAM space
Additional Services Available
- Technical Support
- Integration & Porting
- Application Support
- Hardware Support
Our team has been spent the last 20+ years refining their skills in the art of managing energy on and off vehicle.They have built solutions for some othe largest e-mobility companies in the world including Tesla, Faraday Futures, Parker Aerospace, Rivian, Honda just to name a few. We consider BMS development one of our core competencies.
- Our team has delivered many automotive and aerospace production hardware solutions for major OEMs including Ford, Nissan, Toyota and Tesla.
- We specialize in working with E-OEMs and traditional OEMs.
- We are agile in our development of both hardware and software and will quickly deliver even when requirements change.
- We create innovative, cost effective solutions that are safe and secure.
- We share source code and schematics for our customer's internal use and review to ensure the highest quality product. This is a substantial difference between AMP and larger suppliers.