What is a CCS Junction Box ?
... and why do I need one? If you want to enable Level 3 DC Fast Charging on your vehicle, you will need to communicate with the Electrical Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) over one of the standard protocols such as ISO15118/DIN70121, GB/T, or CHAdeMO. The CCS Junction Box manages this communication protocol as well as controls the flow of energy between the EVSE and the battery.
- Manages communications such as:
- ISO15118 / DIN70121 / SAE J2847 / SAE J2931
- Controls and houses fast charge contactors
- Monitors temperature
- Controls charge port functions
- Ensures connection of charge
- Locks the charge handle
- Drive chargeport lighting
- Communicates with vehicle over CAN
A well designed CCS Junction Box ensures a reliable charge every time!
The Benefits of AMP's CCS Junction Box
The benefits of AMP's CCS Junction Box for electric and heavy duty vehicles and applications include:
- Low cost
- High performing
- Functional safety rated capable
- Modular design – solution with or without fast charge contactors
Our CCS Junction Box
The AMP CCS Junction Box :
- Accelerates Development
- Utilizes a Customizable Platform
- Lowers the Cost of the BOM
- Leverages Years of Lessons Learned
- Integrates Validated Circuitry
Our Highly Flexible Structure
The CCS Junction Box can be provided as a full DC Fast Charge solution which includes contactors or as a standalone PCB to be packaged within another product. AMP also specializes in providing application specific solutions.
Functional features include:
- Dual contactor drive with economizer (500A/900V)
- Precharge circuit
- Supports ISO15118 / DIN70121 / GBT / SAE J1772 interfaces
- Dual CAN-FD interface
- Wake on CAN or Ignition
- Sleep current < 100 uA
- Supports AUTOSAR network management
- CAN based UDS bootloader
- SRS Decoding
- Fastkill (quick contactor open)
Safety features include:
- HV bus discharge
- Contactor weld detection
- Up to ASIL-C certifiable
- Temperature monitoring
- High-Voltage interlock sense
- Isolation detection
- High voltage sensing and reporting
- Contactor bus-bar thermal modeling for over current drive capability
- IP67 Rated
- Local EEPROM storage to manage contactor opening counts
Our team has been spent the last 20+ years refining their skills in the art of managing energy on and off vehicle. They have built solutions for some of the largest e-mobility companies in the world including Tesla, Faraday Futures, Parker Aerospace, Rivian, Honda just to name a few. We consider charging development one of our core competencies.
- Our team has delivered many automotive and aerospace production hardware solutions for major OEMs including Ford, Nissan, Toyota and Tesla.
- We specialize in working with smaller OEMs but can also support larger OEMs
- We are agile in our development of both hardware and software and will quickly deliver even when requirements change.
- We create innovative, cost effective solutions that are safe and secure.
- We share source code and schematics for our customer’s internal use and review to ensure the highest quality product. This is a substantial difference between AMP and larger suppliers.