The Benefits of AMP's BMS
The benefits of AMP's Battery Management Systems for mobility applications include:
- Low cost
- Highest SOC accuracy
- Functional safety rated capable
- Source Code and Schematics shared
- Accelerates Development and Utilizes a Customizable Platform
- Integrates Validated Hardware
Our BMS team, led by our CTO, Anil Paryani, has 20+ years experience developing battery management systems and supporting technology. Our BMS team has had integral roles in developing the BMS solutions for the Tesla Model S and Faraday Future's FF91.
Our Highly Flexible BMS Architecture
The AMP BMS Architecture is highly flexible, configurable and scalable:
- Scalable for battery pack configurations (single string, multi-string)
- 400V/800V configurable
- Centralized or distributed design
- Optimized for cost, reliability, performance and safety
- Software abstraction (SIL capable)
Our BMS Features
State of Charge
State of Health
Non Volatile Storage
Current and High Voltage sensing
Integrated Safety Rated RTOS
Temperature & Humidity Sensing
Low Sleep Current (<500uA)
Integrated J1772/GBT Charging Interface
Vehicle Communications (CAN and Ethernet) via Auto-code Generation
Low Voltage Battery Management
Bootloader with Boot Updater (UDS and ISO-TP)
Automotive Rated Hardware Components
Contactor Control and Diagnostics
Our team has been spent the last 20+ years refining their skills in the art of managing energy on and off vehicle.They have built solutions for some othe largest e-mobility companies in the world including Tesla, Faraday Futures, Parker Aerospace, Rivian, Honda just to name a few. We consider BMS development one of our core competencies.
- Our team has delivered many automotive and aerospace production hardware solutions for major OEMs including Ford, Nissan, Toyota and Tesla.
- We specialize in working with E-OEMs and traditional OEMs.
- We are agile in our development of both hardware and software and will quickly deliver even when requirements change.
- We create innovative, cost effective solutions that are safe and secure.
- We share source code and schematics for our customer's internal use and review to ensure the highest quality product. This is a substantial difference between AMP and larger suppliers.